Saturday, November 20, 2010

Confessions

When Stephen is gone on weekends I like to do a little retail therapy.

I go to the thrift store, baby.

********

My feet are always cold. I wear socks and slippers all day, and still, at the end of the day I crawl into bed and Stephen has to deal with the ice cubes that are my feet.

********

I used to get very angry when something would wake me up in the night. A child with a scary dream...a nursing baby...a wet bed...Stephen snoring or stealing all the covers...

Only since the last bit of my pregnancy with Lincoln have I changed. I think I finally resigned myself to the fact that I'm just not going to sleep through the night for the next 20 years. And I think I'm okay with that.

Just don't mess with me during quiet time!!

********

I'm not a patient person.

So often, when people learn that I homeschool, I hear, "I could never homeschool--I just don't have the patience!"

Welcome to the club, sister, welcome to the club.

********

I am no good at finishing projects. I am pretty good at getting motivated enough to start things, which often leaves my poor husband to do the finishing.

For example, I have two quilt tops all ready to sew together. Really, all I need to do is sew the strips of strips together. I have the batting and backing and binding...one is from the first year of the MBA program, the other from the second.

You, like my husband, might ask why I started a second quilt when I hadn't finished the first.

I'll tell you what I told him:

I have no idea.

4 comments:

bedelia said...

there are so many things I love in this post.

My two biggest fears are patience and organization when it comes to homeschooling. I'm not good with either.

I think I have close to 5 quilts in progress...all of which were probably started over a year ago. I have a problem. One is quilted and ready. All it needs is the binding and its been sitting for 2 years.

Briawna said...

I think I have seven tops that need finishing, two in progress, and four cut out but not pieced. But, at least I finished my two MBASA quilts...last weekend. :-)

Fowler family said...

Haha! I still need to finish that first year MBA quilt too! Sounds like yours is farther along than mine! I think mine is just in strips :P

And I have ice cube feet too!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

My finished quilt top is sitting upstairs waiting to be joined to the back and binding that are sitting by it. :) Someday someday...