Thursday, January 6, 2011

Claire's year of the...

...unfinished projects!

That's right! I'm going to FINISH projects this year! Things like making Christmas pajama pants--with fabric that I have had for at least 4 Christmases! Finishing skirts 1, 2 and 3 for Elise! Sewing two, yes, two memory quilts from our time at BYU. One for the first year we were there and one for the second.

I WILL put the grommets in my quiet book, and make the cover with my cute fabric! I will use other fabric that I bought years and years ago, and match it up with patterns that I also bought years and years ago! I am even planning on finishing my 2010 Christmas presents. Really.

I am going to finish Ben Hur and War and Peace. Make curtains for Sammy's room. Even hang pictures. *gasp* Maybe I will even hem our 3-year-old curtains, and hang curtains in the front room. I will set up my food swap blog, and take down my Christmas decorations. Fix two loose screws in my dresser. Sweep up the bird seed in the garage. Hang my Ikea mirrors.

And try, really try, to not take on any new projects for a while!

Happy new year!!

4 comments:

bedelia said...

I've never picked a word for the year because I could never think of a word. This year I've decided "finish" is my word. Whether its all the crafting projects or just finishing the laundry as in actually getting in the drawer before I put it back on, I plan to finish what I start.

THE YOUNG-INS said...

more power to ya. :)

Natalie said...

For some reason it makes me feel better about myself to know that someone who I admire has the same problem of not finishing things. Maybe I should adopt your goal as my own.

Deanna said...

lol - good luck - i need to do the same thing - i have 3 unfinished quilts and at least 5 unfinished crochet projects... le sigh... well i'll finish some and start others... also - count me in - and you should have my email address anyway :P if not I'll email it to you! I love reading your blog!