Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost in the clear

We are thisclose to closing on the house! July 15th is the date set, and things are going smoothly. None of the things Stephen was worried about even showed up on the house inspection (which is a great compliment to Stephen), and we've taken care of the things that did show up (that we are willing to do :).

Life has slowed down greatly since my marathon week, and it is such a relief! Stephen and I don't like weeks like that, and although it is inevitable that we have them, we plan pretty well and they don't happen very often. Thank goodness!!! I've had time to read to the kids, work in the garden with the kids, cook with the kids (that is a challenge for me...but I am learning patience, and that I don't have to have everything clean while I'm mixing things up - spills are okay...), play with the kids, read my book (The Count of Monte Cristo - the unabridged version), prepare my lesson for Sunday (Alma 36-38 - FANTASTIC stuff!), and live life slowly, just how I like it. I have no demands on my time, and it is a wonderful feeling!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I've cooked with the kids from time to time and it really tries my patience!!! Dan is MUCH better at it than I am!! We did make meatloaf together the other night and that works ok, since you just kinda throw anything in and mix it all up anyway! Anything that requires any precision drives my crazy!

Ang said...

What great news!

Anonymous said...

Yay summer!
Yes Lilly has a sharp eye out for any signs of me starting to cook something. She's always right there wanting to help. She decided the other day that we were going to make banana cake (which she saw on Blue's Clues that morning) so we did. It is a challenge sometimes. I don't like to waste ingredients...lol

summer said...

good to hear that not every week and day feels like the 'girl in the whirl' right?! also, congrats on things progressing towards your closing - hooray! will you stay with family until your move date, or are you going to head down here a bit earlier than you firs thought...it would be so fun to have you around earlier! Also, how old is Elisa again? I forgot that we had children in the same order and gender, and they look similar in age! Madeleine is 6, Bryson Jr. will be 4 in 2 weeks, and Jacob will be 2 at the end of Sept. Can't wait to get them all together - and with you - for fun, fun times ahead!!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I am so glad to hear things are calming down a bit. I can hardly wait to see you. I still get so excited when I think about you living across the street. Good luck with the last few days of closing your house.
-Sabrina