All summer long I've been hatching a plan to go and visit as many temples in the Salt Lake Valley as we can. When else will I be in a place that I can visit 10 temples within the same amount of time that I could drive to the Portland Temple from Corvallis?
Our first temple was the Provo Temple, dedicated in 1972. The grounds are quite beautiful!


The kids loved being there and were so reverent. They are excited for our next temple: Mt. Timpanogos.
1 comment:
4 in the Salt Lake Valley (SLC, Jordan River, Draper, Oquirrh Mountain) and 2 in Utah Valley (Provo, Mount Timpanogos), not to mention Bountiful, which isn't too far from Salt Lake. Ogden is about an hour and a half from Provo, Logan is about two and a half hours (give or take), and Manti is a couple of hours in the other direction. Vernal is quite lovely, and if you get a weekend free, I recommend St. George. It's GORGEOUS. Manti and SLC still do live sessions--if you haven't done one of those, you really really should. You need an appointment to attend Monticello, but it's a ways away. It's a worthy goal to see all 12 of them! (Really, if you're going all the way to Manti, you might as well take a trip to Arches, but avoid Highway 6 in winter.)
Provo just had the grounds re-landscaped a couple of years ago and I love the results, even though I miss the gold spire. :) I'm glad you could go!
Post a Comment