I realized something on Saturday. Something important.
My goal was to get the house clean. Stephen was going to be at a conference all day, and I was going to let the kids run wild (outside) and work like crazy on the inside of the house.
Um, yeah.
I literally spent the entire day cleaning. And guess what? At the end of the day I couldn't even tell.
Sad, and a little pathetic.
Here's what I learned: I'm not going to stress so much about having everything tidy all the time. After spending all my time cleaning, and seeing it didn't really make a difference, why kill myself? I'm okay with good enough.
The end.
4 comments:
AMEN!!!
Claire, I had this same thought this morning. I cleaned my kitchen, but now after lunch, it is already messy again! And it's seems like after a deep clean- I am even more stressed out about the crumbs that fall from my kid's faces- is it even worth it?
My mom has a spotless house NOW, but growing up, our house wasn't spotless (I don't think- I remember the countertops cluttered with things growing up, but it really didn't make that big of a difference). So it gives me hope to think there will be a day when I will clean my house and it will stay clean (when I am an empty nester). But until then, I've just got to swallow my pride and be okay with the crumbs in the meantime. And be okay with myself as a mom of a sometimes (okay often) messy house. :)
I wish my insides would feel okay with it being messy. I very much have the same feelings you do about cleaning and then it just being messy the next minute. I am working on convincing my feelings inside being okay with it being messy...Is their therapy classes for this? LOL!
I know the feeling! When Gene and Ann came out I realized something - in order to have a perfectly clean house for more than just 2 minutes (at least with the number of kids we have) it requires at LEAST 3 adults home all the time - 1 to watch the kids and distract them somehow, 1 to do the real cleaning stuff, and 1 to fix the stuff the kids break and pick in between walk around after them picking up the messes they are constantly making despite my best nagging to 'put away your shoes please' or 'hang up your coats please' or 'one toy at a time please' LOL - so for now - I will accept the fact that my house won't be perfect - but it can be live-able, and that's so hard for me - I HATE doing stuff half way - if I am going to do it - I want to do it right and make it perfect... unfortunately that is rarely possible anymore! LOL - well here's to untidy houses and happy kids.
Post a Comment