The reason we pushed so hard on day one was so that we could spend a day in Yellowstone on the following day. It was very worth it! We didn't really see any wildlife, but had so much fun learning about some of the geology surrounding the park. I'm kind of a closet geologist--in fact, I almost switched my major in college to geology...only it would have taken me at least 2 more years, and I was pregnant with Elise...anyhow, back to Yellowstone.
How Lincoln spent much of the time...
We watched Old Faithful erupt,
but Sammy was very unimpressed, and after watching for about a minute went back to playing sticks.
This picture is for when Sammy is older--he absolutely refuses to believe that he ever fell asleep in the car. He claims he just doesn't remember certain things. I took a picture as proof, but he got very upset when I showed it to him. So, just so you know, Sammy never fell asleep in the car, okay?
Accommodations for the night were at my brother's house in Rexburg...unfortunately, no one was there, which meant take-out Chinese (Stephen & I) and pizza (the kiddos). It also meant staying in a normal house and baths for the kids. And a king-sized bed. Which my belly and I are now coveting.
No comments:
Post a Comment