I can't believe it, but Mason turns 8 this year, and so was invited to participate in our ward's Pinewood Derby! Oh. My. The level of excitement in our house for 2 weeks was incredible. You thought this boy normally had energy! Look at this face:
He could hardly sleep at nights he was so excited. First about designing the car. Then about cutting it out. Then about sanding it, then painting it, then putting on the wheels, then getting...wait for it...graphite for the wheels. I can hardly wait for next year to see him get so excited again!
It's almost done...
And at the race:
He got 2nd place in his age group (7-year-olds) and "Best Muscle Car" for the award-that-I-hope-I-never-have-to-create.
I had to get a shot of these three buddies--they are used to being together almost every Friday night at babysitting swap, and soon it will be every Friday with Pack Meetings! They were all born within 6 weeks of each other, and as you can see, are pretty dang cute!
Mason has his car all planned out for next year. And yes, it does involve circuitry and flashing lights. He has his circuit almost figured out for making alternately flashing LEDs inside of his car. It ought to be fun! We have 11 consecutive years to look forward to the Pinewood Derby. :)
1 comment:
This is right up his alley. What a funny, brilliant kid.
Post a Comment