From Hermiston it was just a hop, skip and jump to my former stomping grounds in Portland, so that is where we headed next. We went to visit Michell (and thankfully were let in, even though Lincoln wasn't on the list!), played outside with her, and then up to my dear friend, Kelli's, house. She fed us and then we partied with all my old friends!
My brother and his wife moved into my previous ward, and we stayed and went to church with them. You know what it feels like to go home? That is my Portland ward. I know and love people there, and they know and love me. I didn't stop smiling the entire time I was there. To be comfortable and known are wonderful things.
We headed South for dinner with John & Melissa. Again, it was so nice to send the kids to play with their cousins and not worry a bit about them. Being around family is so comfortable. At one point Lincoln was being fussy, and I was tired of holding him, so I just handed him off to John, who took him and calmed him down. Take my baby, okay? And with 5 of his own, he knew just what to do. :o) I don't think that I mentioned that I did the same thing at Rob & Sarah's--Lincoln was fussy, I was tired of holding him, so I passed him to Rob. There is something special about daddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment